Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to be able to use your skills and knowledge to help others? Do you enjoy working with people and contributing to reaching team goals?
Our Service Technicians play an important role on our team. They maintain and repair equipment so our customers can minimize downtime and stay productive. They set-up and detail new equipment to create an amazing presentation on our lots and draw customers in. They work quickly and efficiently to increase profits in the service department and exceed our customers’ expectations.
On a daily basis, a service technician:
- Receives work orders from the Service Manager and reads them over to understand what the target problem(s) is/are.
- Determines what parts are needed for the work to be done and orders the parts from the Service Parts Representative.
- Keeps track of the time put into a job by punching in and out on the time clocks.
- Records all work done to a unit on the work order forms by describing exactly what was done with the unit and a description of what items were replaced or serviced.
- Tests the finished unit by running it in the yard if necessary and trouble shoots further problems if necessary.
- Answers telephone calls from customers and problem solves questions they may have regarding their unit.
- Travels to customer sites to complete service calls when necessary.
- Communicates changes or additions to jobs with the service manager before completing work.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner.
Experience and Skills:
The right person for this job will have a dynamic personality and enjoy interacting with customers and co-workers. This person will enjoy working with their hands, have a strong attention to detail, and be eager to learn new things and share their expertise with others.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with farming operations, farming equipment, or a service environment
- Computer/technical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience with drawings/schematics
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- 2 Year Technical degree in Ag Power Equipment, Diesel Mechanics, or related field.
- 1-3 years experience as a Service Technician.
- Ability to work occasional Saturdays between 7:30 and 11:30 a.m.
- Ability to see with or without corrective lenses. Must be able to wear safety eyewear.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and travel to work sites, including possessing a valid driver license.
- The job requires an employee to stand for long periods of time, climb in and out of equipment, and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Service Motor Company offers the following benefits specifically for our service technicians:
- $3,000 sign on bonus after 90 days!
- Starting wages between $16 and $24 per hour, depending on experience.
- True hourly wages - no flat rates!
New Technician Tool Program
- A new hire will be issued $2000 worth of basic tools on their first day.
- The company will deduct a rental fee directly out of the technician's paycheck.
- After paying $1000, the technician then owns all the tools. (That's $2000 worth of tools for only $1000!)
Tool Reimbursement Program
Based on years of service, technicians receive a reimbursement for tool purchases up to a specified dollar amount per year.
Technicians may elect insurance on their tools directly through Service Motor Company. Tool insurance provides coverage for damage, loss, and theft.